Delegated Purchases — acquisitions under $10,000
- Purchases are usually handled by a principal investigator’s (PI) unit/department on-site support. Orders are expected to be placed within one day.
- For purchases handled outside of AggieBuy and Epik, invoices should be forwarded to SRS who will handle the entry into FAMIS and payment processing.
- SRS will coordinate with members as to timeline for SRS implementation of invoice processing.
- If vendor requires a formal purchase order, it will be processed by SRS within one day.
- Delegated purchases do not require a formal bid process.
- Efforts should be made to identify and contact Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) whenever possible. Use of existing member contracts is encouraged. Contact the SRS Purchasing Office for additional information.
Purchases orders — acquisitions $10,000 and over
- SRS will work with PIs and staff to meet project objectives in a timely manner.
- Requisition should be submitted by the PIs unit/department on-site support.
- The competitive bid process is required for acquisitions $10,000 and over based on sponsor requirements.
- Efforts will be made to identify and contact six vendors, four of which will be HUB.
- The bid process recommends that vendors are allowed 7-10 days to submit bids in order to obtain the most advantageous pricing. Upon receipt of bids, the PI will select the successful bidder and provide a justification if the lowest bid is not requested. SRS will issue a purchase order immediately.
- The Electronic State Business Daily (ESBD) and/or the Texas Centralized Master Bidders List (CMBL) are encouraged on acquisitions over $25,000 if the project timeline permits.
- Acquisitions with an anticipated value in excess of $100,000 requiring a HUB Subcontracting Plan (HSP) will be coordinated with the appropriate A&M System member HUB director. A minimum of 14 days will be allowed for vendors to submit responses to the solicitations.
- Special circumstances requiring an expedited bid process should be communicated immediately to SRS so that alternative procedures and timelines can be utilized. If the circumstance is justified and documented an expedited bid process will request vendors to submit bids immediately, provided an HSP is not required. The expedited process should result in a completed purchase order within three days.
- Requisitions for purchasing from an A&M System member contract may not require additional bids. Contact the SRS Purchasing Office (using the Contact Directory at the bottom of this section) for additional information.
- Requisitions for purchasing from a sole source vendor must include a completed Sole Source Justification form. SRS will confirm vendor’s acceptance of SRS’ “Terms and Conditions” and negotiate any variances before placing the order. Sole source purchase orders will be issued within three days.
- All contracts in excess of $50,000 with “Terms and Conditions” not previously approved by the A&M System General Counsel (GC) within the preceding three years will be submitted to GC for review as to form and legal sufficiency (TAMUS Policy 25.07 Contract Administration).
Purchasing Office Contact Directory
Who do I Contact?
I need help with...
I do research through...
...in this College/department