On Monday, April 7, 2014 Texas A&M System Sponsored Research Services (SRS) started using the new Project Module within Maestro that brings significant upgrades and enhancements for comprehensive post award functionality. With this change we will be able to streamline and introduce consistency in our post award processes. The immediate impact on our research community is:
- Researchers will receive reminders to complete their technical deliverables, with the option to upload their deliverables and set it as completed in Maestro.
- Compliance authorization (IRB, IACUC, etc.) will be associated with active research projects. Reminders will be sent 90/60/30 days before authorization expiration.
- When there are any changes related to project compliance requirements, researchers will have the option to recertify their Compliance Statement in Maestro.
- Member Compliance Officers are able to maintain status of compliance items.
- Researchers and system member administration will receive a Maestro automated Sponsor Project Summary report (Award Notice/Project Establishment Notice).
- Contract negotiations will continue to be tracked under the Projects tab (the Negotiation tab will be removed).
- Project records will show more information than the Negotiation module previously displayed, including all action records, project terms and conditions extracted from the contract, links between proposals, project and financial accounts, and anticipated funding.
Documentation regarding functionality enhancements has been prepared for the system member Maestro trainers and their training will take place on Wednesday, April 9, 2014.